This Z-wave Smart home CO detector will give a warning alert direct to your smart phone as well as an audible siren in the event you have a gas leak in your home!
(all z-wave devices need a z-wave controller in order to receive alerts on smart phones)
Carbon monoxide is a special type of gas that is made as a by-product of an incomplete burn. Carbon monoxide will commonly enter a home through a faulty furnace, clothes dryer, or gas-powered fireplace. Carbon monoxide is dangerous because it is odorless and flammable. It can be a threat in two ways:
It can combust. Carbon monoxide can enter a home and start a fire.
It can suffocate you. Carbon monoxide enters your lungs and binds to the areas of your lungs that are meant to take in oxygen. You may not even sense that you are suffocating. Many people can die in their sleep due to carbon monoxide poisoning.