The Sola-Prod MPPT charge controller 30A is based on advanced MPPT(Maximum Power Point Tracking) control algorithm, with an LCD display to monitor the running status.
The MPPT control algorithm can minimize the maximum power point loss rate and loss time, quickly track the maximum power point of the PV array and obtain the maximum energy from solar modules under any condition and can increase the ratio of energy utilization in the solar system by 20 – 30% compared to a PWM charging method.
Limiting the charging power and reducing charging power functions ensures the system stability over PV modules in high temperature environments.
With comprehensive electronic fault self-detecting functions and powerful electronic protection functions built inside the controller, component damage caused by installation errors or system failures can be avoided to the greatest extent possible.
FEATURES OF THE SOLA-PROD MPPT SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER 12/24V 30A
- With the advanced dual-peak or multi-peak tracking technology, when the solar panel is shadowed or part of the panel fails resulting in multiple peaks on the I-V curve, the unit is still able to rack the maximum power point.
- Advanced MPPT technology, with efficiency not less than 99.5%
- Maximum DC/DC conversion efficiency of 98%
- Ultra-fast tracking speed and great tracking efficiency
- Advanced MPPT control algorithm to maximize the MPP loss rate and loss time
- Wide MPP operating voltage
- Limited charging power and current over rated range. When the solar panel power exceeds a certain level and the charging current is larger than the rated current, the unit will automatically lower the charging power and bring the charging current to the rated level.
- Support the lead-acid, gel, flooded with the needed Temp. compensation and support lithium batteries start from the solar panel
- Real-time working record function
- Power reduction automatically over temperature range
- Multiple load work modes
- TVS lighting protection
- Monitor and set the parameters via App(optional)
- LCD Screen
- USB Output 5V/2A for onsite charging of various electronic devices.
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE SOLA-PROD MPPT SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER 12/24V 30A
|Rated charge current||30A|
|Rated discharge current||30A|
|Battery voltage range||8 - 32V|
|System nominal voltage||12/24VDC Auto detection except when lithium batteries are used.|
|Max. PV open circuit voltage||75V at minimum operating environment temperature|
|Max. PV open circuit voltage||70V at 25°C environment temperature|
|MPP voltage range||(Battery voltage +2V) – 65V|
|Battery Type||Sealed(Default)/Gel/Flooded/LiFePO4/ Li(NiCoMn)O2/ User)|
|Rated Charge Power||390W/ 12V and 780W/ 24V|
|LVD||11.0V ADJ 9V……12V; x2/24V|
|LVR||12.6V ADJ 11V …..13.5V; x2/24V|
|Float Charge||13.8V ADJ 13V …..15V; x2/24V|
|Boost Voltage||14.4V; ADJ14V…..17V; x2/24V|
|Self-consumption||≤28mA (12V) and ≤19mA (24V)|
|Discharge circuit voltage drop||≤0.12V|
|Temperature compensation coefficient||-4mv/°C/2V except when lithium batteries are used then compensate coefficient will be 0|
|Controller dimensions||205mm x 157mm x 53mm|
|Packaging dimensions||260mm x 205mm x 100mm|
|Mass of unit packed||1.4Kg|
|Warranty||12 months limited Manufacturer’s warranty|
SOLA-PROD SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER MAINTENANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Controller maintenance needs to be carried out at least twice a year,
- Make sure the unit is firmly secured and in a clean and dry ambient,
- Make sure no block on airflow around the unit. Clear up any dirt and fragments on radiator,
- Check all the naked wires to make sure insolation is not damaged for solarization, friction wear, dryness, insects or rats etc. Repair or replace some wires if necessary,
- Tighten all the terminals. Inspect for loose, broken or burnt wire connections. Ensure that all system components are grounded correctly,
- Confirm that all the terminals have no corrosion, insolation damage, high temperature or burnt/discolored signs, tighten the terminal screws to the suggested torque,
- Check and confirm that lighting arrester is in good condition.
WARNINGS FOR THE SOLA-PROD SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER
- Make sure that all the power is turned off before working on the unit to avoid electric shock.
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
1 x Sola-Prod MPPT Solar Charge Controller 12/24V 30A