Ajax Rex 2 Range Extender White is a radio signal range extender with photo verification support that expands the wireless range between the Ajax Hub and connected wireless devices that gives you even more freedom to place security system devices at a considerable distance from the hub i.e detached buildings, warehouse complex or production facilities.
Please note: ReX 2 operates within the Ajax system, connected to the hub via the protected Jeweller protocol. ReX cannot pair to/extend from another ReX, it can only be paired to an Ajax Hub.
Compatible with Hub 2, Hub 2 Plus and Hub Hybrid. ReX 2 connection to other hubs, range extenders, as well as to uartBridge and ocBridge Plus, is not provided.
Product Code: 32669.106.WH1
Reliable link for secure communication
ReX can manage some or all the devices in the system without affecting the alarm delivery speed.
FEATURES OF THE AJAX ReX 2:
- Designed for indoor installation
- Boosts the range of Ajax security system devices
- Compatible with MotionCam and MotionCam Outdoor
- Operates up to 38 hours on the back-up battery (refer to battery backup in specifications)
- Radio network coverage can be expanded up to 35 km².
- Up to 5 range extenders can operate in the security system
- Communicates with the hub via radio and Ethernet
- Secures large premises
- ReX 2 is protected against software and hardware attacks.
- ReX 2 range extender can transmit not only events and alarms but also photos taken by the detectors.
- Notifies of jamming and tampering with the device body
- All data transmitted by the range extender is encrypted
- Device is configured via the mobile application for iOS and Android smartphones
- Push-notifications, SMS messages and calls (if enabled) notify ReX user about all events
- Quick and Easy setup
- The Ajax system can be used for independent monitoring of the site and can be connected to the Central Monitoring Station of the security company.
INSTALLATION AND SET-UP
To add a ReX 2 range extender to a system, simply scan a QR code with the Ajax app and assign it a name and a room. The device is also configured in real time in the app. If necessary, ReX 2 can be disabled or reconfigured without site visits.
SPECIFICATIONS OF THE AJAX ReX 2:
|Compatibility||Hub 2 and Hub 2 Plus, Hub Hybrid with OS Malevich version 2.12 and higher|
|Classification||Radio channel range extender|
|Alarm signal delivery time||0.3 seconds|
|Maximum connected devices (in a system with one range extender)||Hub 2 - up to 99|
|Hub 2 Plus - up to 199|
|Number of range extenders connected to the hub||5|
|Operating system||OS Malevich|
|Power supply||110−240 VAC or 12 V from 12V PSU for Hub 2/Hub 2 Plus/ReX 2|
|Built-in backup battery||Li-Ion 2 Ah (Up to 38 hours of battery life when Ethernet is disabled. Up to 12 hours of backup battery life when Ethernet is connected)|
|Communication range with the hub||Up to 1,700 m in open space|
|Communication range with detectors||Up to 1,700 m in open space, depending on the detector model|
|Two-sided connection between devices||Yes|
|Operating frequencies||868.0–868.6 MHz|
|Auto-regulated radio signal power||Up to 25 mW|
|Block cipher encryption based on the AES algorithm||Yes|
|Detector ping interval||12−300 seconds|
|Operating temperature range||−10 to +40°C|
|Operating humidity||Up to 75%|
|Product Dimensions||163 mm x 163 mm x 36 mm|
|Packaging Dimensions||240 mm x 190 mm x 52 mm|
|Mass of unit packed||800g|
|Warranty||24 months limited Manufacturer’s warranty. The warranty does not cover batteries.|
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
1 x Ajax ReX 2 Range Extender White